May 10, 2012 Five reasons to love Google and Five to Hate Google
Google is one of the biggest tech companies in the world, has diverse market offerings, and pushes innovation to new heights. That said, it is also the source of many a face-palm moment. Here’s the Finance Fox’s “Top Five Reasons to Love and Hate Google”
1. Google has enabled users from around the world free access of almost limitless information. We live in the information age in large part due to the technology Google shares with us.
2. Google grooms excellence in its employees and in prodigy students. They even have a school dedicated to it!
3. Google looks to solve global issues, not just financial/technical ones (mining asteroids FTW)
4. They may not be doing a great job maintaining dominance, but Google rocked out one of the best open source platforms for mobile, ever!
5. The perks for working at Google are wonderful.
1. Google’s ad sense program has fuzzy rules that leave many unclear as to whether they’re in violation or not…until it’s too late.
2. Google’s constantly changing its algorithm, and companies trying to keep up with it get lampooned, while companies creating content for the user have a 50/50 chance of being on the right side of an algorithm change.
2. Google tends to favor its own products like Google+, Youtube, and Wikipedia. This is even more of a “face-palm” moment due to the semantic search development, where Google will show answers (quotes and data) above other websites (diminishes their opportunity for ad revenue).
3. Google acquihires a lot of brilliant ideas and people…only to let them whither in the leviathan that is Google Investor.
4. Google profiles you to target the ads…and sometimes they miss the mark entirely (which eaves you with spammy ad sense).
5. Google needs on paper perfection before they’ll even look at your all-star self in person (denying a lot of talent and breeding animosity).
Why do you love and hate Google?